Racing fever is in the air at Panjab University’s University Institute of Engineering and Technology. Fifty five teams of engineering students from all over India have converged on to compete for the North Section trophy in the EFFI-CYCLE race and design competition.
Fifty five teams of engineering students from all over India have converged on Panjab University’s University Institute of Engineering and Technology to compete for the trophy in the EFFI-CYCLE race and design competition. The event began with safety inspection of the vehicles – all of which have been designed and built by the students themselves. Only vehicles that get technical approval will be allowed to race.
Ravi Shankar, Team from Chennai (We made a three wheeled vehicle…..It can bear up 600-800 kg load.. We tested vehicle with 40 km speed… It can use as an inverter)
Vijay, Team from Bangalore (We began designing this vehicle in June… Today we have go through different rounds for the final competition)
Nitesh Kumar, Inspector UIET (We are inspecting all the vehicles before the race)
The inspectors are checking not only things like brakes and steering but also ensuring that no vehicle exceeds the specified maximum dimensions. Even the fitness level of the drivers is being checked. Vehicle and driver must be certified 100 per cent okay or they are disqualified.
Garima Luthra, Media coordinator UIET (Teams must undergo many tests …Technical specifications are strictly enforced.)
All the vehicles are capable of being driven simultaneously as well as alternatively by two drivers and also alternatively or simultaneously on electricity. The race is of course the main event and that will be held on Saturday.
- EFFI cycle seeks ‘Mean Machine’
- Auto, cycle-rickshaws overloaded with kids in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh police busted a gang of vehicle lifters
- 3 held for stealing vehicles outside parks in Chandigarh
- CCET students on strike from Monday
- Dance competition organized by CIPA at Bal Bhawan Chandigarh
- 2 students of UIET formulate a parking plan
- Two held for vehicle theft in Mohali
- Conventry University team meets students of SWIFT collage in Chandigarh
- 5 VIP cars with black film challaned in Chandigarh