Four persons, including two juveniles, have been detained for allegedly stealing mobile phones and other valuables from houses in South Delhi’s Saket locality. “Saurabh Sharma, 20, Roshan alias Rahul Pandey, 19, along with the two juveniles were nabbed on October 15 on specific input following a complaint from a Saket resident about theft of his mobile, ATM cards and other valuables,” a senior police official said.
Sharma and Pandey used to steal mobilephones to meet their drug and alcohol addiction, the official said, adding that 16 mobile phones have been recovered from them. “The gang used juveniles for entry into the houses and avoid suspicion. The gang used to commit theft during the morning hours,” DCP (South district) Chhaya Sharma said. According to police, Pandey used to distribute newspapers in Lado Sarai locality along with his father. He used to take Sharma and his juvenile members with him who used to mingle with the residents and look for soft targets. Sharma, who lives in Lado Sarai, is son of a bank head accountant and had studied up to Class XII. Currently, he is pursuing a computer course. Saurabh is a drug addict. Pandey is a Class VIII dropout and his father is a security guard at a Metro station. Earlier he used to work as conductor in Blueline buses and is an alcoholic, the official said.
- 3 held for stealing vehicles outside parks in Chandigarh
- 4 of inter-state gang of cheats held
- Chandigarh police arrest three for robbery
- Trio arrested for stealing iron pipes from construction site
- 3 held for fraud
- 5 contract killers held in Sangrur
- Two held for murder of rickshaw puller
- Two members of Nishan gang held
- Six members of auto lifter gang held
- 3 held for duping people on pretext of supplying domestic help