Seeking to trash the allegations of land scam against BJP President Nitin Gadkari, NCP chief Sharad Pawar today came out in his defence saying he was working for the development of farmers. “Gadkari is a responsible man who works responsibly,” Pawar said and asked team Arvind Kejriwal that if it has any evidence of corruption against the BJP chief it should go to court.
Pawar, whose party is part of the UPA at the Centre and which is sharing power with Congress in Maharashtra since 1999, suggested that he has no problems about defending the BJP chief. “Anybody can say anything, but those who know Maharashtra, there are certain apex bodies which have 30 members… We don’t discuss politics there, we discuss development,” he told CNN-IBN. On India Against Corruption, he said, “If anyone has got some grievance they have every right to make allegation… but if suppose somebody has done a wrong thing best is to prosecute him… go to the court and take appropriate action against him. “Or like Gadkari has offered any kind of enquiry then somebody should go in depth and bring what is the truth.
He said that he has not gone in depth but on “what I have seen so far when setting of sugar mills along with the farmers is a service to that area and secondly taking land and providing excellent quality of seeds to hundreds of farmers is definitely useful to the farming community. Gadkari is a responsible man and works responsibly.” On the charge of business links with Gadkari, Pawar replied in the negative. “Firstly, I have no business with Mr Gadkari. If anyone can establish I will be happy to hand over that business to them. No question of business…”
- Illegal migrants responsible for attacks on N-E people:Gadkari
- Farmers’ suicide a serious issue, but numbers declining: Pawar
- CM Badal meets Pawar
- Gadkari’s security officer loses gun during function
- Nitin Gadkari slaps defamation case against Digvijay Singh
- Pawar must step down from Centre and work for farmers: Uddhav
- PM to meet Pawar tomorrow on sugar, cotton export issues
- BJP will support Mamata’s no-confidence motion in Par: Gadkari
- PM calls meeting on Apr30 to discuss Pawar objection on export
- Kejriwal can approach court over charges against Vadra: Pawar