Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh was today named captain of the Punjab Ranji Trophy team that also included India middle-order batsman Yuvraj Singh.
The state senior selection committee met at PCA stadium, Mohali and announced a 15-member squad for the upcoming domestic season.Kings Punjab XI opener Mandeep Singh, who had impressed one and all with his good batting in the IPL season-5, has been named Harbhajan’s deputy.
The other members of the squad include Karan Goel, Jeevanjot Singh, Uday Kaul, Mayank Sidana, Amitoz Singh, Rahul Sharma, Siddharth Kaul, Manpreet Gony, Sandeep Sharma, Gurkirat Mann, Bipul Sharma and Rajwinder Golu.
The players have been asked to report to the camp on October 8. The camp will take place under the watchful eyes of Harvinder Singh, the bowling coach of Punjab team.”Apart from the camp, the players will play two 2-day matches to assess their fitness level,” said M P Pandove, Honorary Secretary, PCA.
The selection committee also named the under-25 squad, which will be captained by Taruwar Kohli. The other members of the team include Ravi Inder Singh, Simrat Bawa, Gurkirat Walia, Himanshu Chawla, Gitansh Khera, Gurinder Singh, Yogesh Kumar, Rahul Singla, Beant Singh, Deepak Bansal, Kamal Passi, Amit Prashar, Preet Kamal and Sharad Lumba.
- Harbhajan Singh to lead Punjab in Ranji trophy
- Rajpal to lead India in Asian Champions Trophy
- Harbhajan dropped, Rohit named in Test squad
- Yuvraj makes comeback for World T20, Harbhajan recalled
- Dravid back, Harbhajan dropped for England ODI series
- Kohli, Ojha named as replacements for Yuvraj, Harbhajan
- Gayle finally included in Windies ODI squad
- Harbhajan visits Yuvraj
- Punjab govt to honour Yuvraj with Rs 1 crore
- Punjab election: Langar charges to be included in expenditure