India’s campaign is back on track after the morale-boosting win over Pakistan but it can hardly afford to relax as they take on an erratic but still quite intimidating South Africa in their final Super Eight match today for a place in the semifinals of the ICC World Twenty20 at Colombo.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his men will have to win comprehensively against the South Africans in order to make it to the last four. Even in case of a defeat against South Africa, India will have to ensure that they don’t lose by a big margin as the net run rate will come into play with three teams tied with one win each.South Africa have lost both their matches in contrasting manners — a close defeat against Pakistan and a comprehensive one against Australia.
- India’s loss to B’desh helps SA climb to 2nd spot in ODI list
- South Africa beat Zimbabwe by 10 wickets
- Pak sincere in forging good neighbourly ties with India: Zardari
- India, S Africa to expand cooperation in IT, power, tourism
- India all set to lose No. 2 spot in Test ranking
- India can rise to second in ICC ODI rankings
- India’s Olympics dream over in women’s hockey
- India, South Africa trade can reach $15 bn by 2015: Patil
- India beats China in export growth rate: WTO
- India rise to second in ICC Test rankings