IPS officer Deshraj Singh was produced in a CBI court on Sunday after two-day police remand from where he was remanded in judicial custody. The CBI did not seek any further remand of the IPS officer. Deshraj’s counsel sought a copy of the transcribed conversation between Deshraj and complainant Anokh Singh in court.
CBI detectives arrested Deshraj Singh red handed accepting a bribe of one lakh Rs from Sector 26 police station SHO Anokh Singh in lieu of benefits in departmental inquiries. According to CBI officials, Deshraj Singh demanded Rs 5 lakh from Anokh Singh and the deal was finally struck at Rs 2 lakh. On Thursday, CBI laid a trap at the residence of Deshraj Singh in Sector 23 and arrested him as the bribe amount was handed over to him by Anokh Singh. Deshraj Singh is the first IPS officer in Chandigarh to be arrested on charges of taking a bribe.
- Bribe! SP caught
- Bank officer arrested for taking bribe
- NDA recruitment scam: Army officer among six arrested
- Punjab IAS officer V K Janjua moves court against Sukhbir, VB Director
- DSP’S Reader remanded to 14-day judicial custody
- Apna Ghar case: Judicial remand of Bhim Singh extended
- Kaura Case: 3 accused sent to judicial remand
- PO gets cops arrested for graft
- DSP Raka Girra sent to remand in arms case
- Amit Kakkar sent in two day judicial remand