“To hold the Punjab government responsible for anything that happens anywhere in the world is a wild imagination,” he told reporters on the sidelines of a function in Ropar.
Commenting on the attack on Brar, the Operation Blue Star hero, in London on Sunday, Badal said “it is for the government of India to look into security lapses.”
“It is also the Centre’s responsibility to inform the UK government about his travel plans,” he said.
On Brar’s reported remarks that he fears revival of terrorism in Punjab, the Chief Minister said there is complete peace and communal harmony in the state.
There is no question of revival of terrorism in the state, the SAD patriarch said.
“My party and my government accords highest priority to maintenance of peace and communal harmony,” he said.
“In Punjab, we have complete peace and communal harmony and I consider this as the biggest achievement of my life,” Badal said.
“It is for the government of India to ensure security of anyone having threat perception,” he said.
“I am under threat perception, my son (Deputy Chief Minister) Sukhbir also faces threat perception and so are many senior leaders of my party.
“This perception concerning me is as per government of India reports. I have Z plus security, Sukhbir also has the same. From whom does the threat comes, obviously it is from enemies of peace,” Badal said.
- Punjab getting step-motherly treatment: Badal to Union govt
- Over 2,000 policemen withdrawn from VIP protection duty: Badal
- Badal defends his govt seeking mercy for Rajoana
- Israel’s internal security minister meets Sukhbir Badal
- Inter-state coordination can help in internal security: Patil
- Unparalleled development during SAD-BJP rule: Badal
- Restore security to standing counsel: HC to Delhi Police
- Two controversial bills withdrawn by Badal govt
- London Olympics: Britain takes security tips from India
- Badal asks people to vote for policies of SAD-BJP govt