The Janata Dal (United) intends to submit a petition demanding state status for the Union Territory of Chandigarh. On Wednesday JDU members launched a month-long drive to get people to sign this petition.
On Wednesday members of the Janata Dal (United) stopped passers-by in Chandigarh’s Sector 17 piazza and asked them to sign a petition demanding state status for the Union Territory of Chandigarh. It was the first day of a party’s month-long signature drive. To strengthen the case for statehood, the party is determined to collect thousands of signatures. Janata Dal (United) local unit president Surinder Bhardwaj explained that statehood will accelerate the pace of the city’s development and the city will get its own officers who will have a greater interest in sincerely serving the city.
At the end of October, the JDU will present the petition with its thousands of signatures to the President of India. Will citizens of Chandigarh support the statehood demand? Four weeks from now we will see how much support the JDU generates.
- Signature campaign against Kanda in Chandigarh
- Signature campaign to save Corbusier’s legacy
- Political parties drawing campaign strategies for Chandigarh MC polls
- SAD and BJP stuck at seat sharing in Chandigarh MC poll
- Chandigarh MC poll campaign ends
- 150 people die in accidents in Chandigarh each month
- Kalka bypass opens soon
- 21 days sanitation drive launched in Mohali
- Admin to free Chandigarh from “disturbed & dangerous” area tag
- Young faces for Chandigarh MC elections tickets