The Opposition PDP today alleged the Omar Abdullah government had degraded the highest office of the Governor by not fulfilling the promise of holding urban local bodies polls made in the Governor’s address to the state assembly this year.
“We lambast the state government for delaying urban local bodies polls. We regret the present regime has degraded the highest institution of the Governor by not fulfilling this promise made in the Governor’s Address to the budget session of the state assembly,” PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said.
“During the last four years, the state government has undermined several democratic institutions,” he said.
The PDP leader was addressing a function here to welcome former IAS officer V K Gupta and others into the party-fold.
Their presence into the party would strengthen the PDP, Sayeed said.
- NC-led govt undermining democratic institutions: Mufti
- Centre, JK govt paying lip service to Panchayats’ cause: PDP
- J-K govt failed to empower panchayati raj institution: Mufti
- Omar govt has adopted corruption as policy, alleges Mehbooba
- Electricity, roads and water priority areas of UP govt:Mulayam
- UPA govt mistreating Punjab, alleges Sukhbir
- BJP asks J-K govt to fulfil state employees demand
- UPA govt completes 3 years in office
- Rahul undertakes first visit of UP after poll debacle
- Fuel price cut in Punjab