Law Minister Salman Khurshid, who is embroiled in a controversy over allegations of misappropriation of funds by his trust, has put off his Haj pilgrimage, according to sources close to him. His decision to put off the week-long visit for Haj also comes amid speculation of an impending reshuffle in the Union Cabinet. Khurshid was to leave to for Haj today and was to return at the end of the next week.
He has been under attack from Arvind Kejriwal following a TV sting which alleged that the Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust run by the Minister and his wife had misappropriated funds meant for providing equipment to the disabled. Khurshid had refuted the allegations even as the Uttar Pradesh government is probing them.
- Khurshid returns to city amid protests by Kejriwal
- UP govt colluding with Khurshid to save him: Kejriwal
- Beni defends Khurshid, says Rs 71 lakh too small for Ministers
- Kejriwal demands Khurshid’s resignation
- Khurshid rejects probe into charges against Vadra
- Khurshid rubbishes Kejriwal’s charges
- Centre ready to pass Lokpal Bill by consensus: Khurshid
- Khurshid dares Kejriwal to stage protest in Farrukhabad
- EC complains to President against Khurshid
- Everyone in Cong wants Rahul to play bigger role: Khurshid