Rejecting the demand for a probe into the allegations made by civil society activists against Robert Vadra, Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid said that instead of making baseless allegations they should approach an agency with an affidavit for a probe.
A day after Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan levelled the charges that Vadra was hugely favoured by realty major DLF, Khurshid told reporters here that if an inquiry was to be done, it should rather be against them who have made such baseless allegations. Khursid was responding to queries on the sidelines of a two-day Literary Festival that concluded here tonight. Justifying Congress leaders coming to the defence of party chief Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law, the Law Minister said when the purpose of picking up someone for attack is to hit the leader of the party, “we will obviously come out to defend.”
Stating that it was “shameful” to blame someone for political gains, Khurshid said even the documents produced did not establish that Vadra was given any unsecured or interest-free loan. The papers suggest he was given the property against the property sold by him which can be done by anybody rightfully, he said. Instead of levelling baseless allegations, people must have all the facts and must appeal to an agency with an affidavit for an inquiry, the Law Minister said. Khurshid had earlier slammed Kejriwal and Bhushan, dubbing the allegations against Vadra as reflecting the “bankrupt ideas of a stillborn party”.
- Soni dares Kejriwal to give proof of charges against Vadra
- BJP demands fair probe into allegations against Vadra
- Cong backs Vadra in the face of Kerjiwal’s allegation
- I can handle negativity, says Vadra as Cong, BJP spar
- Hazare supports Kejriwal on allegations against Vadra
- EC complains to President against Khurshid
- Everyone in Cong wants Rahul to play bigger role: Khurshid
- BJP shifting stand on FDI in retail everyday: Khurshid
- Is Guj CM ready for SIT probe into graft charges? Cong to Modi
- Centre ready to pass Lokpal Bill by consensus: Khurshid