Book lovers can now think of doing away with flipping pages as popular titles will be available in the digital audio format. Imagine hearing to bestsellers like “Steve Jobs” by Walter Isaacson, “The Secret” and “The Power” by Rhonda Byrne and Donald Trump’s “Midas Touch” without literally burning the midnight oil. Thanks to a collaboration between Delhi-based Reado Audiobooks and leading publisher Simon & Schuster, about 2000 audiobooks will be available in India in the digital (MP3) format. The deal entitles Reado to distribute and sell 2000 audiobooks produced by Simon & Schuster Audio that can be downloaded from Reado’s website.
Popular categories such as bestselling fiction, nonfiction, business, self-improvement, inspiration, language-learning programs, original audiobook productions, and children’s titles will be available. So whose voices will we get to hear? “Love Anthony” is read by Debra Messing of “Will and Grace” fame while author Bryne herself has read both her. Stephen King has read many of his books including “Under The Dome”, Dylan Baker the one on Steve Jobs and Carrie Fisher of “Star Wars” fame is the voice in “Wishful Drinking”. While the audiobook market in India is growing at a moderate pace, it is likely to see a big jump in the next five to six years as many players are trying to get a piece of the pie.
- Steve Jobs knew end was near
- Steve Jobs FBI file reveals tendency to distort reality
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies at 56
- IIT exam row resolved; new format from next year
- CBI books Maran brothers in Aircel-Maxis deal
- Govt agrees to disclose audio recordings of Lokpal Committee
- Jobs death caused by respiratory arrest, cancer
- SC to hear Centre’s appeal on 4.5 quota for minorities
- Buddhism – India’s gift to Steve Jobs
- Apple CEO Tim Cook gets $380-mn pay package for 2011