Adding a new term to US political lexicon, President Barack Obama has accused Mitt Romney of suffering from “Romnesia” for changing positions and said his Republican rival needed to be put under “Obamacare”.
“He (Romney) is changing up so much and back-tracking and sidestepping we’ve got to name this condition that he’s going through. I think it’s called ‘Romnesia.’ That’s what it’s called. I think that’s what he’s going through,” Obama said in an election speech in Virginia,
Obama recommended “Obamacare” to cure this condition.
Later in the evening, Vice President Joe Biden said in Florida he hoped that others do not catch up this “contagious” disease. “I hope you all don’t get ‘Romnesia.’ “It’s a bad disease. It’s a bad disease.”
“And it’s contagious because all of a sudden (Congressman) Paul Ryan, the budget hawk, the guy who introduced a whole budget plan that it already passed the House of Representatives, all of a sudden he doesn’t remember it.
“He doesn’t remember what it actually does to the vital programmes that mean so much to ordinary people. He says it doesn’t cut; it just slows growth,” Biden said as he attacked Ryan, the Republican Vice Presidential candidate.
Later in a conference call with reporters, Ben LaBolt, spokesman of the Obama Campaign, said Romney has a case of “Romnesia.”
“He’s forgotten his record, and he wants you to forget it too,” he alleged.
The Obama campaign, in fact, defined ‘Romnesia’ as “a condition affecting Romney, who has shifted his positions from ‘severely conservative’ to ‘severely kidding’ conveniently forgetting the conservative promises he’s made over the past six years that he’s been running for president.”
The Twitter world was also soon abuzz with #Romnesia.
The Romney Campaign was quick to react, alleging that the people of the country have suffered during the last four years of the Obama Administration.
- Obama leads Romney by nine points, says opinion poll
- Outspent by Romney, Obama seeks money from supporters
- That was not real Romney I debated: Obama
- Obama camp releases map of Romney’s overseas bank accounts
- Obama has failed to lay out second term agenda: Romney
- Romney protests Obama ad linking him to cancer
- Romney sweeps five States; sets sight on Obama
- Obama, Romney prepare for debates as running mates spar
- Obama unresponsive to will of people says Romney
- Obama will visit Israel in his second term, says campaign aide