The two-day event at Moti Ram Arya School was held in collaboration with PGI, Chandigarh. More tham 1,000 women turned up and availed free examination at the camp.
Charanjit Singhm vice president ( told about how expensive the breast cancer fee and what we have done for this )
PGI stationed a mobile van with mammography equipment at the venue. Besides, a team of more than 25 doctors examined and addressed queries of the visitors. Women who survived breast cancer told the visitors of their experience.
With October being observed as the Breast Cancer month, different NGOs are offering free or subsidized screening and treatment to people.
- RBCT organises breast cancer awareness walkathon
- Chandigarh: Breast cancer drive goes to PU
- RBCT holds Pink Walk to fight breast cancer in Chandigarh
- Now, ‘smart bra’ uses sensors to detect early breast cancer
- Sonam Kapoor spreads breast cancer awareness
- NGO Roko Cancer holds walkathon
- Breast cancers ‘can be blocked’
- Women come together to discuss Cancer at Hotel Majestic in Mohali
- Roko Cancer to hold 300 camps to diagnose cancer in Punjab
- Patient detected with first stage cancer to be entitled to Rs 1.5 lakh