The district court has stayed the use of the tricolour strip at the bottom of the screen by Doordarshan. A petition was filed by a 12-yr-old Panchkula resident.
On the petition of 12-year-old Panchkula resident, the district court had stayed the use of tricolour strip at the bottom of the screen by Doordarshan News channel till the tendency of the case. Deepanshu Bansal, a student of class 8th of DAV Public School, Surajpur, had moved the court for restraining the channel from using the tricolour strip in a disrespectful manner. He also appealed for action against officials of the channel and sought directions to abide by the national flag code.
The boy informed the court, it was when he was watching television on Sept 14 that he saw the tricolour being used in the form of a strip at the bottom of the screen. The case will come up for hearing on November 26.
- Panchkula court defers hearing in Samjhauta Blasts case
- Panchkula court released Executive Engineer on probation
- Supreme Court stays HC order to remove liquor vends
- Pb & Hr HC stayed colony construction in Mohali
- Four of ‘domestic help firm’ produced in court
- In Panchkula mentally challenged child missing from Oct 3
- Burail Jailbreak case: Hawara, Bheora brought to court
- 3 political heavyweights appear at Moahali court
- Mohali Dalit Chetna Manch chief in court
- Sibling Murder case: Accused Rahul Sahu produced in district court