Former Deputy Prime Minister and BJP leader L K Advani today said people of the country will not forgive the UPA government for the “massive corruption” during its tenure and will hand over a defeat to it in next polls.
Addressing a poll rally in Una district of Himachal Pradesh, Advani said after the Bofors scam came to light, the voters did not spare the Rajiv Gandhi-led government which was enjoying support of more than 400 MPs, and claimed that the present government will also meet the same fete. “People are eager for a change and it will start from Himachal and Gujarat where the BJP governments will return to power. UPA government will be defeated in the Lok Sabha polls which might be held in 2013 ahead of schedule,” Advani said.
He said at one side are BJP chief ministers Shanta Kumar and Prem Kumar Dhumal, who are popularly known as “Paniwala” and “Sadakwala” CMs for their works in the fields of road and water infrastructure, and on the other side is Virbhadra Singh, who has nothing to his credit. He also accused the HPCC president of tarnishing the image of the state due to his alleged involvement in corruption cases. Challenging Singh for a public debate with Dhumal, Advani said key issues must be debated in public as it happens in the USA, and in case Singh is not available, Leader of the Opposition Vidya Stokes should join the debate.
- HP polls 2012: Major parties lined up star campaigners to woo voters
- HP polls 2012: Sons of leaders came out to campaigning
- BJP says Dumal has already got clean chit on assets complaint
- Doors will be shut on rebels for ever: warns Shanta
- HP polls 2012: Congress expels 25 rebel candidates
- Congress expels 25 rebel candidates
- BJP govt has ignored development in Himachal Pradesh: PM
- 146 ‘crorepati’ candidates contesting Himachal polls: NGO
- Kaul Singh’s nephew Neeraj, ran paid news: Virbhadra
- Congress Poll Manifesto