Safety should be a driver’s first concern: this is the motto of Police Week celebrations that kick-started on Tuesday. Drivers were briefed about the importance of wearing the helmets while driving two wheelers. Discussions were held on the increasing number of road mishaps.
Deputy Inspector General of UT Police Alok Kumar flagged off the rally and also distributed helmets to the participants.
Scores of government school students participated in a painting competition on road safety awareness at sector 17 piazza. Anti eve-teasing rallies were held at three different places in the city. The Police week celebrations would conclude on Nov 3.
- Chandigarh Police to celebrate Police week from Nov 7
- Chandigarh Schools to have a book on road safety
- 150 people die in accidents in Chandigarh each month
- Girls take out helmet rally from Traffic Park
- Chandigarh Police crack down on drunken drivers over
- Hundreds walk to spread road safety message in Chandigarh
- Lane driving system begins in Chandigarh
- 80 students visited Sector 3 Police station for Police Week program
- Chandigarh police are all set to enforce “lane driving”
- Chandigarh Traffic Police removed wrongly parked vehicles