Punjab Police today claimed to have arrested a terrorist linked with several pro-Khalistan militant groups.
British national Jaswant Singh Ajad, actively working for banned terrorist organisations Babbar Khalsa International (BKI), Khalistan Zindabad Force and Khalistan Tiger Force was arrested last night from Focal Point area of the city, said Police Commissioner Gaurav Yadav today. “City Police have arrested Ajad, a resident of Jalandhar and now a British national yesterday, from Focal Point area of the city with an Italy make 9 mm pistol and two magazine having 15 rounds,” Yadav said.
“He has a strong and deep relation with the banned terrorist organisation Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) led by Wadhawa Singh Babbar, Khalistan Zindabad Force (KZF) led by Ranjit Singh Neeta, Khalistan Tiger Force (KTF) led by Jagtar Singh and Parpinder Singh of Scotland and others,” the commissioner said. Ajad was financing the terrorist modules to reunite them, he said, adding that he was also managing the sleeper cells of terrorists by providing them money, networking and hideouts. One such cell was busted by the Nawanshehar Police.
- 10 arrested for raising pro-Khalistan slogans
- Khalistan Zindabad Force terrorists remanded in police custody till May 24
- No Khalistan militants involvement in Ambala car explosives
- ISI trying to revive Babbar Khalsa for terror in Punjab: Govt
- Two arrested in Jalandhar with heroin worth Rs 10 crore
- Two KZF terrorists arrested, RDX seized in village Karnana
- Move to remove 142 terrorists from blacklist dangerous
- Four former Babbar Khalsa activists among five acquitted
- 6 killed in Jalandhar factory collapse, owner Sheetal Vij arrested
- JK cops in Ambala to probe haul of explosives meant for Delhi