Mohammad Khalid, PUTA president said that the university has failed to uniformly implement the policy of rotation of headships in various institutes like UIAMS, UIET, UILS, Dental Institute and Police Administration, especially those started in recent years. He said it is not providing an opportunity to teachers which will have an affect on the career growth of young faculty members.
Mohammad Khalid further added that a person designated as chairman or head of the department can hold office for a period of three years. PUTA members alleged they have raised the issue several times but nothing has been done so far.
- Final list of candidates announced for PUTA election
- Mohammad Khalid elected as PUTA’ president
- PUTA to protest ‘AD Hocism’
- PU faculty to elect representatives on Thursday
- Manjeet Singh- Akshay Kumar group wins PUTA elections
- Several resolutions passed at PUTA meeting
- PU faculty voted for Senate representatives
- Year-Ender: 2011 for PU
- PU annual budget is Rs 288 cr
- SOPU, PUSU major rivals on PU Chandigarh