Residents of village Chanti Kotla are a worried lot.Villagers here have nowhere to go.The recent crack in the hills had made the roofs of their houses fragile so much so that the houses can collapse anytime.
Meet Deep ram and his family…There is distress and disappointment. Its the marriage of their daughter the next month but Deep Ram has no place to keep his guests. The list is long and the days are less….Since it is dangerous for them to live in their homes, Deep Ram and several other families have shifted to makeshift accommodations. They were residing in village Chanti kotla near Panchkula but now are almost devoid of any accommodation what so ever. The house they are staying in has developed cracks due to the recent fissures that occurred in the hills. For Deep Ram and his family, it has become a norm, they spend their nights in this school and in the morning take to other places as then the students gather for classes.
Deep RAM’S family is not the only one, there are several others who are sailing in the same boat…Sitting confused at the corner of the room, are children, elderly people and pregnant women, all clad under one roof. According to the villagers, days are still better but nights become difficult to sustain.
This village lie almost on the outskirts of Panchkula, however, it becomes interesting to note as to how much it will take for authorities to take the requisite actions to address the problem. About 75 houses had developed cracks and several others were damaged when one of the hills had developed fissures. Many residents noticed cracks on their walls and roofs so much so that they have now abandoned their houses and are putting up at several such make shift accommodations.
- 75 houses damaged in Chandi Kotla village
- CHB Residents Federation started hunger strike
- Saketri residents fight back
- Residents unhappy with security arrangements at Sunny Enclave
- Tricity residents facing acute water shortage
- Sec 52 residents chase police, pelt stones
- Panchkula Sec 4 residents want the MC to leave
- Manimajra residents confront police
- Sec-44 residents shoots at his wife, later kills himself
- Mohali residents wait for bus service