The fifth seeded Indo-Spanish pair lost 5-7 5-7 to third seeded Russian pair of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina in the finals of the USD 4,828,050 hard court event which lasted for one hour and 36 minutes.Playing her fifth final of the season, Sania failed to cross the last hurdle once again as her opponents converted the chances that came their way.
Sania and Nuria saved seven of the 13 break points, while their rivals saved six of the 10 break points.While returning, the Indo-Spanish pair converted four out of 10 break points, while Makarova and Vesnina made use of six chances out of the 13 that came their way.
Sania won two titles this season, one with Australian Anastasia Rodionova (in Pattaya) and one with American Bethanie Mattek-Sands (in Brussels).She ended runners-up with Vesnina at Dubai and Indian Wells.
- Sania-Mattek lift Brussels Open title
- Sania-Vesnina move up into finals in Dubai
- Sania-Rodionova in semis of Estoril Open
- Sania-Rodionova in quarters of Estoril Open
- Bhupathi-Sania win maiden French Open mixed doubles title
- Sania registers 500th pro win at Brussels Open
- Sania fails to make main draw of Rogers Cup
- Sania one step away from main draw of Miami Premier event
- Paes-Bhupathi reaches quarterfinals of US Open
- Sania was used without even being consulted: Bhupathi