JD-U today criticised the shifting of S Jaipal Reddy from Petroleum to Science and Technology Ministry in the Cabinet reshuffle alleging that he was “punished” to “appease” industrial giant Reliance. “I am totally perturbed that during our life time we would see such period when a corporate house like Reliance becomes even more powerful than Government.
“An honest minister like Jaipal Reddy has been punished for protecting national interest,” party President Sharad Yadav told reporters. Praising Reddy, a former colleague in the erstwhile Janata Dal, he said he was “one of the few honest” ministers in the UPA government. He also took a dig at the new Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily for his statement that decisions will be taken quickly. “The new minister should also realise that in the name of taking decisions quickly, a loot cannot be allowed,” Yadav said. He said that though the reshuffle of Cabinet is the prerogative of the Prime Minister, that prerogative cannot be allowed to overrule national interests.
Without naming Srikant Jena, another former colleague in the Janata Dal, Yadav said a minister belonging to Orissa, who was “very competent”, was also not elevated. He alleged that the reshuffle saw “dynasties getting promotions” in Congress. “Sons of some farmer leaders did get promotion. But one should remember plants that grow in pots do not satisfy the hunger of the nation.”
- Sharad Yadav demands CBI probe into Batcha’s death
- CBI arrests mining czar Janardhan Reddy, Srinivas Reddy
- Am not in PM race : Sharad Yadav
- CBI court extends judicial custody of Reddy to July 2
- Srinivasa Reddy quizzed by CBI over monetary transactions
- Janardhan Reddy’s bail plea rejected
- JD(U) criticises Delhi govt on black-marketing of drinking water
- CBI produces Reddy before court;remanded till March 12
- Reddy & associates have 200 bank lockers: CBI
- HC quashes ‘tainted’ CBI judge’s bail order to Janardhan Reddy