The Punjab Congress leaders today lodged a strong protest with the party high command against Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, alleging that he didn’t invite a single partymen during his visit to the state.
“Despite, AICC instructions to ministers to visit the district congress offices, the minister neither visited any Congress office nor he invited any Congressmen for his visit today,” said the Congressmen. However, they alleged that he was accompanied by SAD-BJP leaders in his entire visit.
Irked Congressmen, particularly from Border Area has sent a letter to the AICC President against Shinde demanding strong action against him. It is alarming that instead of talking tough against SAD-BJP, which siphoned the Central Funds and Border area Development Funds, Shinde choose to visit along with such leaders, they alleged in a letter. They questioned that why the ministry/administration failed to invite Gurdaspur MP Partap Singh Bajwa, when apart from Amritsar the administration invited Tarn Taran Member Parliament.
Ironically, a Bajwa led delegation had recently met the Union Home Minister for ordering CBI probe in the Border Area Development Fund in Attari, the area where Home Minister visited today. The Congressmen urged the party president to take notice of matter and suitable action against Shinde.
- Home Minister Shinde to visit Punjab, J&K next week
- Malik calls up Shinde; seeks evidence on rumour allegations
- Shinde to visit Attari check post to review security apparatus
- Punjab Cong MLAs oppose public criticism of party leaders
- Shinde takes charge of MHA; promises to work with states
- NCTC: Shinde likely to call meet of chief ministers
- SC criticism of Punjab govt for mercy campaign for Rajoana
- Rejig of portfolios: Chidambaram is new FM, Shinde is HM
- Increasing evidence of terrorists taking to cyber-space:Shinde
- Punjab Poll 2012: Malwinder Singh draws battleline, to campaign against nephew