Had Congress President Sonia Gandhi visited Haryana soon after Apna Ghar incident in Rohtak, whose inmates were allegedly subjected to sexual abuse, situation in the state would not have been as bad, INLD chief Om Parkash Chautala today said. “If Sonia Gandhi had visited Haryana after the occurrence of Apna Ghar incident in Rohtak, the situation would not be as worse as now a days in the state,” he told reporters.
However, Chautala said visit of the Congress leader “was a good start”, but it should have been better if she also had visited the University in Khanpur immediately, where a Dalit student was also gang-raped, Chautala said. Expressing concern over the law and order situation in Haryana, he said women were being targeted and during the last one month as many as dozen cases of rapes were reported in the state which “shows the working of Bhupinder Singh Hooda government.” “The state is going through a critical situation and the Haryana government has failed to control the crimes. There is several times increase in cases of crime against women in the state,” he said. Chautala also alleged that acres of farmers’ land in Gurgaon, Jhajjar, Mewat and other districts were given to industrialists including Robert Vadra.
“The land of these villages should be returned to the concerned farmers,” he demanded. Gandhi today visited the family of Dalit teenage girl, who immolated herself after being allegedly gang-raped in Jind district on Saturday. The Apna Ghar shelter house had landed into a controversy when a team of National Commission for Protection of Child Right (NCPCR) rescued nearly 120 people including children, girls and women from the house after carrying out a surprise raid on May 9 night.
- Haryana under financial crises: Chautala
- Ajay Chautala lashes out at Haryana government
- Haryana State Women’s Commission has no powers
- Trial against Haryana MLA Chautala begins in DA case
- Will support welfare policies of govt: Chautala
- INLD demands Haryana be declared ‘drought-hit’
- Chautala led INLD to support Sangma in Prez poll
- Chautala lashes out at Hooda goverment over Hansi-Butana canal
- INLD to support SAD in Punjab elections: Chautala
- Haryana DGP bans summoning women, children to police stations