Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma today took a dig at BJP and its chief Nitin Gadkari, saying “the president is just like the party”. “Gadkari is fully qualified for the presidentship of BJP. This is the qualification required to become BJP President… BJP president must be like this only. This is the essential qualification in BJP,” he told reporters.
Media reports have raised questions over the source of funds for Purti Power and Sugar Ltd controlled by Gadkari. Media investigations claim that major investments and large loans to Purti were made by a construction firm Ideal Road Builders (IRB) group, which had won contracts between 1995 and 1999, when Gadkari was PWD minister in Maharashtra. Gadkari has denied the allegations and offered himself and his companies to any probe.
- Charges against Gadkari company will be looked into: Moily
- Gadkari refutes allegations by Kejriwal; says ready for probe
- Gadkari likely to get second term as BJP president
- Govt talking to Oppn on law to regulate online media: Gadkari
- Nitin Gadkari slaps defamation case against Digvijay Singh
- Gadkari meets Bal Thackeray
- Illegal migrants responsible for attacks on N-E people:Gadkari
- NDA, small parties to be consulted for Prez post name: Gadkari
- NDA will be back in power in next polls: Gadkari
- BJP will support Mamata’s no-confidence motion in Par: Gadkari