About 300 students and a large number of senior citizens participated in the Walkathon organised by Helpage to celebrate International Day of the Elderly.
On Monday about 300 students and a large number of senior citizens participated in the Walkathon from the Sector 15 Old Age Home to the Rose Garden. The event was organized by Helpage India to mark the International Day of the Elderly. Bhavneshwar Sharma, chief of the UT unit of Helpage India said the walkathon was intended to show the importance of intergeneration bonding.On this occasion Chandigarh Member parliament.
Local MP and Union Minister Pawan Kumar Banal flagged off the walkathon. Addressing the walkers he appreciated the efforts of Helpage and told young people that Indian tradition tells us that it is a privilege to serve our elders and we should always treat them with respect.
Students pledged to care for elders, especially grandparents, and enable them to live in dignity.
- Judges, advocates to participate in walkathon
- Ivy Hospital organises walkathon
- Walkathon for better health
- Hundreds walk to spread road safety message in Chandigarh
- Science Exhibition organised at Brilliance World School in Sector 12, Panchkula
- Conventry University team meets students of SWIFT collage in Chandigarh
- Woman robbed at knife point in Chandigarh
- Out of 400 schools, Chandigarh’s St John’s ranked 18th
- India Travel Mart holds tourism exhibition in Chandigarh
- Fab India outlet opens in Sec-17 Chandigarh