Work on the railway underbridge at Mauli Jagran is expected to start in November. Commuters are eager to see the completion of this project which will hopefully cut the long wait at the railway crossing.
Work on the railway underbridge at Mauli Jagran is expected to start in November. Tender for this project has been allotted and notification will be posted any day now. While this underpass has been a long time in planning and is certainly necessary, commuters are just as keen to see another railway crossing ‘headache’ removed by the underpass remedy.
Commuters from Panchkula and Baltana want priority for the proposed underbridge at Gate 125 near Harmilap Nagar. Every day nearly a lakh of commuters use this road connecting Panchula with National Highway 22 and since it is more heavily travelled than the Mauli Jagran road they say that this project should be undertaken on priority.
Chandigarh Railway Station Superintendent Parveen Kumar explains that the tender for the Gate 125 underpass has been allotted. And as soon as the Chd DC issued the notification the work on this project will start. He expects work on this project to start by April 2013
The Tricity continues to sprawl outwards at a rapid rate. In fact it won’t be long before the expression Tri-City will itself become outmoded – an urban conglomeration that includes everything from Baddi to Zirakpur to Kharar is much more than a Tri-City. The needs of commuters will have to be addressed.
- Hooda sets three-month deadline to start work on PRT project
- Omar inspects work on rail and highway projects
- Councillors discuss day-market in Mauli Jagran
- Work on Mubarak Mandi ropeway to start by June next: Jora
- Unemployed youth commits suicide in Mauli Jagran
- Himachal proposes Kalka-Nalagarh-Berry rail link
- Chandigarh: HC dismisses PIL on Mauli Jagran
- Diarrhoea problem resurfaces in Mauli Jagran
- Work on Jang-E-Azaadi memorial to start soon: Badal
- Kher slams Congress for anti people policies in Mauli Jagran