Actress Katrina Kaif, who has teamed up with Yash Chopra for her forthcoming film “Jab Tak Hai Jaan”, is disheartened that the filmmaker has announced his retirement. “I think he shouldn’t have retired. It is sad that he has announced his retirement.
He is a legend and I don’t think anyone can match him. I feel I am honoured to be part of his last film,” she told reporters from Chicago. “He is an amazing person. He has a great sense of emotion and passion for cinema. It was great working with him,” she said. Recollecting an incident while she was shooting for the film, Katrina said that there was a scene which she couldn’t get right despite her repeated attempts. “Everyone from Shah Rukh to Aditya Chopra tried to explain to me about how to get it right. But it was Yashji who understood that I was nervous and hence couldn’t get it right. So he started cracking jokes, since he understood what I was going through.
That was an amazing moment. He is a very sharp person.” She said it was at the premiere of “Veer Zaara” when she watched a scene where Shah Rukh picks up Priety Zinta on a bridge, that she wished she could get to do a Yash Chopra film. “I was aspiring to do a film with him and it eventually happened. I am happy and honoured.” Katrina said she felt intimidated by Shah Rukh Khan while working in the film. “I was initially intimidated by him. I had to find a way to connect with him as an actor. Once that awkwardness was gone, I felt he is very caring. He gave me certain tips for a romantic film, like I should look into the eyes whenever we were together for a scene,” she said.
- Yash Chopra to finally name his untitled venture
- Shah Rukh does not ask for story or money: Yash Chopra
- I am new age Yash Chopra heroine in ‘JTHJ’: Anushka Sharma
- Shah Rukh dedicates ‘Ra.One’ music to Yash Johar, Bobby Chawla
- Rumours about Salman don’t bother me: Katrina Kaif
- Katrina learns belly dancing
- I was intimidated by SRK, the superstar: Katrina
- Director Katheryn Bigelow shooting in Sec 15, Chandigarh
- Salim Khan gifts his Filmfare trophy to “Vicky Donor” director
- Katrina Kaif offers prayer in Ajmer Dargah