A youth has been arrested for two abortive robbery attempts in a bank and an ATM. The arrest has been made on the basis of CCTV footage, which, police say, is conclusive. One of the tapes is dated October 14. The footage clearly shows a man breaking into the SBI bank at Sector 11. But he couldn’t proceed with the robbery. The second tape, dated October 16, shows the same man trying to break open an ATM in Punjab Engineering College. As per the police, the accused, Gaurav, is a drug addict from Patiala.
ASISH KAPOOR ,DSP ( we have seen both footage and identified the arrested man)
Police sources also say that Gaurav was booked in a case of theft in Patiala. For now, he seemed to have operated solo but further investigations are on.
- Three held for robbery, assault
- Two arrested for robbery at ATM in Panchkula
- Manimajra police arrest 4 for planning robbery
- Two held for vehicle lifting in Panchkula
- 2 held with banned medicines in Chandigarh
- Robbery bid foiled in Phase One, Mohali
- Forgery Investigation: More held
- Three people held with 22 kg poppy husk
- 2 women held for drug peddling in Chandigarh
- 4 held for shooting PU Chandigarh student leader