Aside from his wife Madhu and close family members, thousands of supporters jammed the Chandigarh airport, each one intent on greeting the minister. When people could not push through the crowd they literally flung garlands at Bansal.
At one point it looked like Bansal might be pushed down by the surging mob. Had anyone wanted to shoot Bansal it would have been an ideal opportunity as they could have fired and easily escaped in the chaos. No marks for Chandigarh Police security on this occasion.
- Will make Chandigarh a global city: Bansal
- Chandigarh residents expect Bansal to push Metro rail project
- MP Bansal inaugurated new auditorium of IMA in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh airport renamed as Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport
- Cabinet Minister PK Bansal wants more powers for Mayor
- PK Bansal hands out glasses at eye camp in Dadu Majra
- Many flights cancelled and all flights delayed at Chandigarh Airport
- Chandigarh-Mumbai Express flagged off
- CBI responds to petition of Sanjeev Bansal
- Chandigarh Admin, councillors don’t see eye to eye