Swine Flu is slowly baring its fangs in the city beautiful. The deadly disease has so far claimed two lives in Chandigarh. It was today confirmed that a resident of Patran in Patiala of Punjab had died of the disease a few days back. Earlier a Karnal resident had died of Swine flu. The two deaths took place in Govt multi specialty Hospital in Sector 16 and PGI. However, the deceased did not belong to Chandigarh. According to the UT Nodal officer Anil Garg, four confirmed cases of swine flu have been reported from the city and two each from Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
According to Dr Garg, the patients can get themselves tested in any of the govt hospitals from where the samples would be collected for test at PGI. Since the symptoms of Swine flu are similar to those of a viral fever, the doctors advise patients to not to ignore the treatment.
Pamphlets and other informatory material, specifying the precautions to avoid the flu, have been distributed among the residents. The officials have appealed residents to get themselves checked if they fear any sort of fever. It’s aptly said prevention is much much better than cure.
- 3 cases of swine flu confirmed
- 3 swine flu cases arrive at PGI
- Watch out for Swine Flu!
- Mimic fever cases reported in Chandigarh
- Dengue cases on the rise in Chandigarh
- First swine flu case in Himachal
- Five snatching incidents reported in a day
- Tri-City hospitals reported 86 burn cases
- 139 confirmed dengue cases in Chandigarh
- 3 fresh cases of Dengue come up in Chandigarh hospitals