Two of the most influential and popular music families of Punjab are all set to turn their “dosti” into “rishtedaari”. Navraj Hans, the son of singer Hans Raj Hans and Ajit Kaur, the daughter of singer Daler Mehndi, are all set to tie the knot. The duo will be exchanging rings at a ceremony, which will take place at a hotel in Jalandhar on May 15.
Confirming reports, singer Hans Raj Hans said, “Our families have known each other for a long time. Mika is like a younger brother and given the bond our families have shared. We thought that it was time we took our friendship a step further.”
“It is an arranged marriage all the way. We had great respect for each other’s families and through the years, the bond had grown through good and bad times. So we had faith this would be the best choice for our children,” the beaming Sufi singer added.
Son of the Padmashree awardee, Navraj has created his own niche in the Punjabi industry with hit songs like “Saadi Love Story”, “Saiyaan” and “Rabba”.
He will be making his Bollywood debut with the film “Band of Maharajas”, incidentally base on a story of three Punjabi folk singers. Ajit Kaur Mehndi, daughter of Daler Mehndi and niece of
singer Mika, is also known to possess a sweet voice.
- Daler Mehndi to perform at F1 grand prix
- Hans Raj Hans appointed visiting fellow of GNDU
- Asha Bhosle’s daughter commits suicide: Police
- NRI charged with killing daughter for ‘honour’
- Harsimrat to visit Gurdwara Nankana Sahib in Pak
- Mika has a unique voice: Amitabh Bachchan
- Salman should himself decide when to marry: Katrina
- Chandigarh govt schools to have biometric attendance system
- I was in hurry to marry 4 yrs back : Ranbir
- Kristen Stewart wants to marry Robert Pattinson?