UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will visit Jamia Milia Islamia on May 14 to lay the foundation stone of a girls hostel in the university’s campus. “Sonia Gandhi will be visiting the Jamia campus on May 14 to unveil the plaque of the new girls hostel and will address the Jamia fraternity,” JMI’s media coordinator Simi Malhotra said.
It was due to Gandhi’s active intervention that Jamia received the grant of Rs 26 crore from the University Grants Commission for building the girls’ hostel, she added. The hostel is expected to accommodate 400 more girl students on campus. The university currently has five girls hostels which house over 850 girls. Besides triple bedded rooms for students, Jamia plans to provide facilities such as gymnasium, multi-purpose function hall, recreational open spaces and lawns at the proposed hostel.
- Proposed Metro inside Jamia Milia campus opposed
- Shortage of hostel rooms in PU
- Sonia lays foundation stone of J&K’s first cable-stayed bridge
- PU hostel mess rates up by Rs 6 per meal
- Girls ornamental at best in PU student politics
- PU girls want reading room seating 1,000
- PU girls demand van service
- Jamia school student with low attendance allowed to take exam
- SOPU demands more security
- Prez to lay foundation stone of varsity bearing Vajpayee’s name