Friday Jul 19, 2013, New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit met Union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath and requested him to remove the bottlenecks in early regularisation of around 200 unauthorised colonies. The Chief Minister also asked him to address the issues coming in the way of issuing a notification for regularisation of around 895 unauthorised colonies. The city government had announced regularisation of 895 colonies in September last year but yet to issue a gazette notification in this regard. Sources said Dikshit has also requested Nath to remove the hurdles coming in the way of regularising 200 more unauthorised colonies.
Delhi government had issued provisional regularisation certificates to over 1,639 unauthorised colonies ahead of assembly polls in 2008. The then Dikshit government, while distributing the certificates, had promised to regularise the colonies if Congress came to power for a third term. After Congress’ defeat in municipal polls in April, Dikshit had asked all concerned departments to expedite the regularisation process. The unauthorised colonies, home to around 40 lakh people, are considered traditional support base of Congress. Sources said Dikshit has also taken up the issue of extension of Lal Dora to over 165 villages in the city so that people living in them can use agricultural land for other purposes. Lal Dora refers to land which is part of the village ‘abadi (habitation)’. The land is used for non-agricultural purpose only. Lal Dora was exempted from building bylaws, construction norms and related regulations under Delhi Municipal Act.
- Details on regularisation of colonies to be out soon:Dikshit
- Dikshit announces regularising of 917 unauthorised colonies
- Punjab govt approves regularisation of unauthorised colonies
- Govt likely to approve regularisation of 100 more colonies
- We will not allow demolition in unauthorised colonies: Dikshit
- Delhi govt approves development of 91 unauthorised colonies
- Govt to allow sale, purchase of properties in 312 unauthorised colonies
- Dikshit thanks Sonia for support in regularising colonies
- Sheila seeks UD’s intervention for regularization of colonies
- Dikshit dispels demolition fear, says mapping of colonies soon