Friday Aug 23, 2013, Washington: Indian yoga guru Ramdev will visit the US next month to take part in the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of spiritual leader Swami Vivekananda. During his five-day trip beginning September 26, Ramdev will visit Chicago and New Jersey. In Chicago, he will commemorate the 120th anniversary of the famous address by Vivekananda at the World Parliament of Religions on September 11, 1893, his organisers announced yesterday.
According to the schedule, Ramdev will leave city of Houston on September 27 to take part in a programme in Chicago the next day. He will be in New York on September 29 for a visit to New Jersey where he will be the chief guest and speaker at an event. Ramdev will be in Atlanta on September 30 before flying back to India. He visited the country last in July 2010. On his way to the US, Ramdev will stop over in the UK for four days. “Swamiji, a revolutionary yogi, has transformed India in yoga discipline. His motto has been ‘national interest comes first’,” former Ambassador-at-Large of India Bhishma Kumar Agnihotri, said.
- 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda celebrated
- Hazare, Ramdev visit Rajghat
- Year-long celebrations of 150th anniversary of Tagore end
- Sikh pilgrims celebrate Guru Nanak birth anniversary in Pak
- Baba Ramdev tours Rock Garden
- ‘Nothing politics’, says Ramdev on his meeting Soren
- Liang’s India visit part of efforts to ease tensions
- Sikh jatha leaves for Pakistan to celebrate Guru Nanak Dev Ji birth anniversary
- Nation celebrating Guru Nanak Dev Ji birth anniversary
- Country remembers Rajiv on 69th birth anniversary