Tuesday Nov 5, 2013, Chandigarh: The new industrial policy of Punjab, to be notified soon, would provide imputes to the industrialisation in the state, state’s Industry and Commerce Minister Madan Mohan Mittal said today.
Punjab’s industrial policy had received a huge response from the industry sector, he claimed. The Punjab government would provide various tax incentives and exemption in electricity duty, stamp duty and property tax to attract the new industries in the state, he added. Mittal said the Punjab government was trying to attract industry and approaching various top industrial houses of country, in this concern a delegation in the leadership of Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal has recently visited various locations like Bengaluru and Mumbai to persuade the industrial houses.
He said that the Korean Companies were also showing keen interest to investment in Punjab as Reserve Bank of India has declared Punjab the 3rd best investment destination in the country. He said the first Progressive Punjab Global Investor’s Summit 2013 which would be held at Mohali on December 9 and 10 this year, would be showcasing all our strengths which make Punjab one of the most favoured destinations in the country. He said top industrial houses have given their consent to participate in this Investor’s Summit 2013.
- Punjab’s new industrial policy to be notified soon: Mittal
- Cong rejects Punjab’s new industrial policy
- Punjab’s new industrial policy soon: Minister
- Punjab to announce new ‘Industrial Promotion Policy’
- Punjab rolls out new industrial policy, offers tax incentives
- Sukhbir offering lollypops to industrial houses: Bajwa
- Punjab govt to allot industrial plots
- Amarinder for special industrial package to Punjab
- Punjab govt moots for self-certification for industrial proj
- Cong seeks industrial package for border districts of Punjab