Tuesday Feb 4, 2014, New Delhi: Delhi Education Minister Manish Sisodia today suspended the principal and a teacher of an MCD school in east Delhi after they were found absent. To the surprise of the children studying at MCD primary school, East Vinod Nagar, Sisodia along with senior officer and a couple of coordinators from the health department of Delhi Government today reached the school at 7.45 AM for an inspection.
“The school starts at 8 AM. While the children had come to the school on time, the first teacher arrived at 9.30 AM. After that other teachers also reached. The children told us that it was routine and even the principal of the school comes at 11 AM,” said Parveen Deshmukh, an education coordinator. When Sisodia checked the attendance register of the teachers, the same irregularities reflected on that. Further when the mid-day meal arrived, the minister was shocked to see the torn seal of the packaged food.
“The food was supposed to seal-packed but the seal was torn and the quality of the food was very bad,” said Deshmukh. Sisodia found the ‘dal’(lentil soup) unfit for consumption. Following this, he asked the Education department to send a show-cause notice to the NGO ‘Stri Shakti’ which provides the mid-day meal to the school, and asked it to reply within three days, the East Delhi Municipal Corporation said in a statement today. Sisodia checked on the facilities and infrastructure of the municipal school. He was accompanied by Director (Education) of EDMC, K Vijayan.
The education minister suspended one of the teachers and the principal of the school and has also asked the directorate of Education to conduct a probe in the matter, another coordinator Ankit said. According to Ankit, the Minister had received complaints from the parents of the children of the school following which he visited the school today.
- Haryana govt to set up ‘Prarambh’ school for teacher education
- Govt. teacher union holds teacher conference
- Punjab minister suspends exam superintendent for being absent
- Complaint lodged against principal of St Xavier’s school
- Sisodia orders scrapping of exam on report of qs paper leak
- Student falls from school building, accuses principal of pushing her
- Education dept suspends Kairon govt.school prinipal
- Helpline for nursery admission-related complaints: Sisodia
- Students,Parents came to support Principal
- Principal and director of Arjun Public School produced in court